Friday, March 8, 2013

The DCWA School

In my first two weeks in Delhi, I have spent my mornings helping out in the DCWA school, a nursery school for students 3 and 4 years old. For two and a half hours we do the alphabet (both English and Hindi!), learn colors and numbers, practice writing, play with blocks and sing various poems and songs. The experience has given me a renewed appreciation for the patience of teachers, especially teachers of children this young. While I think I have already decided I will not become a kindergarten or preschool teacher, I am enjoying watching the teachers work and playing with the kids. They don't get the fact that I don't understand Hindi, so they will chatter away at me or tattle on their fellow classmates. I respond with a nod and smile or a reprimanding shake of the head, accordingly, and they seem happy enough.






















No comments:

Post a Comment