Saturday, May 11, 2013

Coming Home!

Today is my final day in India. I can hardly believe 18 weeks has gone by since I got here. In 18 weeks I've learned all about Bollywood and cricket. I've eaten some AMAZING food (and raised my tolerance for spice!) and learned how to make a dish or two for myself. I've met super cool people from all over the world. I've discovered how much I love teaching kids. I've learned how it feels to be intensely aware that you are in a minority at all times, and I've gotten used to being stared at. I've learned how to dodge traffic that includes cars, motorcycles, camels, bicycles, rickshaws and cows. I'm not sure how any of this will effect me once I'm back in New York. I'm a little nervous, to be honest, about coming home after so long. But more than anything I am relieved and overjoyed to be reunited with my family, my friends and my beloved New York City. Thank you all for following my adventures, and for your support and encouragement.

Until next time :)
Noel 

1 comment: